Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Political Women Leaders

Class on 10/26 we were introduced to different women that chose politics as a career.  I was so honored to be able to listen to Anne Gonzales as I voted for her!  Her story was also an inspriation to me as it is similar to mine.  It took her 10 years to get through college while juggling raising kids and running for city counsel. 

What I gained from listening to these women is be better prepared than anyone else, be willing to take a risk, get over not being competent, and join networking groups to support each other.  As I look back on my career I do shy away from taking risks for fear of failure.  But, through this class there is a common them amoung the speakers is that you have to step out and take that risk!  Don't let fear hold you back as Anne Gonzalez stated.

I enjoyed the reading on the Psychodynamic Approach this past week.  I find this topic to be interesting.  I like to know about different personalities people have and how that affects how we relate to each other.  In my role as a supervisor you really need to know the different personalities that you have on your team so you can be flexible in how you interact with each individual.  It is very important to be self-aware.  I am passionate about building relationships is why this appealed to me so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment