Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thoughts from class 10/19/11

I was excited to listen to the speakers in tonight's class, especially Carol Clark of MindLeaders.  The company I work for utilizes the MindLeader Courses for development.  So I thought it was neat to listen to the co-founder talk about her business and how she got her start.  One of the speakers spoke about the 360 degree review and how beneficial it is to ask your peers how you are doing.  I am seriously thinking about doing this myself.  I think it is very important to get that feedback and learn and change from it.  I enjoyed listening to Sally Hughes.  Her story was great!  She was very interesting to listen to and inspiring.  It is funny how you start doing one thing and due to life or situations your goals and desires can change dramatically.

The readings that we reviewed this week, situational approach and path-goal theory I took a lot away.  I think leaders that can recognize and change their style depending on the situation are great leaders.  I did have a manager that was both directive and supportive.  I think leaders that are well balanced in these areas have subordinates that will respect them and will be more apt to want to do the best job that they can do.  They are motivated knowing what the goals are and are reassured they have a leader that will support them to help and guide them along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment