Sunday, September 25, 2011

Taking Care of Yourself

I took so much away from class on 9-14.  I have always been up and down as far as exercising because it is not something that I enjoy! :(  However, after listening to Kim Fischer I see the importance of taking care of myself so that I can be better prepared to care for my family and also the people I am leading in my job.  I also like how she spun the word "exercise" (such a dreaded word for me) into an activity that I enjoy.  I am committing to eating better during the day and to stay away from the vending machine to get that candy bar to pick me up at 2:00pm in the afternoon!  I am also going to commit to get back into yoga and strength training through the week. 

Executive Coach Chastity Kuttrus provided valuable information to me.  I was impressed that she also believed in family coming first!  She also spoke about the importance of work/life balance.  She spoke about the importance of having a mentor.  I have reached out to my manager and told him I was looking for a mentor.  He is actually on a committe at my work that matches people up for mentor and mentees.  I am currently in the process of being matched up to a mentor with similarities so that we can connect.  I am looking forward to having a mentor as I think it will be a great learning experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment